In lieu of our traditional Dumpster Day event, the G&R Committee will be collecting gently used bikes and musical instruments on Saturday, October 17, 2020 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Pool Parking Lot for the Baltimore Youth Kinetic Energy Collective (BYKE) and the BSO’s OrchKids Program .
To keep everyone safe, everyone must wear masks and stay at least 6 ft away from people not in your family.
Just drop off any unwanted or outgrown bikes, bike parts, and bike repair tools in any condition. NO HELMETS please.
Feel free to “shop” the donated bikes, as well. All remaining items will be donated.
Drop off musical instruments in good, ready-to-play condition, too, except NO GUITARS or ELECTRIC BASS.
Please note, most other items typically collected and/or diverted at Dumpster Day can be safely recycled or disposed of at the Central Acceptance Facility located in Cockeysville, or donated at a no-touch drop-off such as Savers at 1925 E Joppa Rd, Parkville, near Perring Parkway, or others.
THANK YOU for giving your bikes and musical instruments to people who will re-use them!
BYKE accepts bikes and bike parts in any condition.
OrchKids would love to accept:
- Band Instruments with cases that are ready to be played (flute, piccolo, clarinet, alto and tenor sax, trumpet, trombone, tuba, baritone horn, french horn, euphonium)
- Bassoons, Oboes that are ready to be played
- Stringed instruments (violins, violas, cellos, and double basses of all sizes) that are fully strung, ready to be played.
- Instrument bows with full hair and limited breakage
- Quality neck straps and shoulder rests that are in good condition
- Any working “weighted key” keyboards with correct adapter, stand, and case
- Any small sized student harps, or “harpsicles”
Due to repair cost, OrchKids cannot accept any instrument that has:
- 3 or fewer strings (on stringed instruments)
- missing parts (any instrument)
- leaks or broken keys (on wind instruments)
- cracks (any instrument)
The BYKE Collective is a youth enrichment program dedicated to personal and professional development through learning bicycle mechanics, practicing safe ridership, and building community.
OrchKids is a year-round, during and after school, music program designed to create social change and nurture promising futures for youth in Baltimore City neighborhoods. The program provides music education, instruments, academic instruction, meals, as well as performance and mentorship opportunities at no cost to students and families.