Stoneleigh Kid’s Try-Athlon
This event takes place annually on Labor Day Weekend.
About the Race
UPDATE August 2021: Unfortunately, The Stoneleigh Kids Try-Athlon will not be held this year. While the pandemic canceled the event in 2020, this year we were unable to find volunteers to organize the event. Hopefully, this tradition will return in 2022!
Entry deadline to ensure T shirt size and custom bib names is August TBD
The 2019 event was a huge success, and we had 140 kids participate in the event. We hope to repeat that this in the future.
Race Course Information
The swim will be in our lovely Stoneleigh Pool and is designed to be a fun and inviting start to athletes of all ages and skill levels. Swimming will be as follows:
There are two bike courses in the race that will be used for the various age groups.
The run course is an out-and-back on Hatherleigh & Wardman. We will be turning age groups around by color on that road. All turn-arounds will be clearly marked.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Everyone is welcome! You don’t have to live in Stoneleigh!
- Children from age 4-12 on race day
- Parent or guardian permission required
- [APPLICATION LINK goes here]
- Entry fee of $25.00 per entrant, up to a max of $70.00 family, by check payable to “Stoneleigh Community Association” must accompany application to be considered.
- Registrations may be allowed after TBD, but t-shirts sizes cannot be guaranteed for those received after TBC.
- An approved bicycle and helmet (see below)
The race committee suggests that residents on the following streets attempt to park their cars in their driveways on the morning of TBD (and Monday TBD if the race moves to the rain date) – this will make the course as wide and safe as possible, and may also protect your car from young bike riders!
Hatherleigh (between Wardman and Rich Hill only)
Rich Hill Rd.
Wardman Rd (Hatherleigh to Wellington)
Tred Avon Rd.
Wellington Rd (between Copeleigh and Wardman)